Drupal / Web Developer
Do you enjoy great views?
How about great brews?
If you answered yes to both questions, and you like being around smart people who care, then perhaps we should chat.
Drupal / Web Developer
Reports to: Director of Technology
As a Drupal/Web Developer with The New Group, you will set a high bar for technological excellence. You create innovative and elegant solutions that resolve difficult problems. You are a strong communicator who is able to help a client to recognize the real problem that they face and then guide them to the best solution. You are a team player who recognizes that success comes through the efforts of the many.
The Drupal/Web Developer is the interactive front-line for the agency, responsible for realizing the concepts created by the strategy, creative, and technology teams. In this role, you will be tasked with establishing The New Group’s position as an industry leader in web development by creating (and sometimes designing) innovative, standards compliant digital marketing solutions. Occasionally you may have to put on your designer hat to help in conception too.
- Develop web applications and websites.
- Be an advocate and mentor for technology.
- Establish standards for development best practices.
- Partner with strategic and creative teams to ensure the best possible solutions.
- Experience developing and theming large Drupal 7 sites, including key areas such as:
- Knowledge of common site-building modules including: Views, Features, Panels and Devel
- Experience working with a variety of base themes (Singularity and Bootstrap)
- Experience developing custom modules
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- A history of contributing to the community via Drupal.org (preferred)
- Familiar with version control via Git and automated deployment processes.
- Experience developing with alternate web platforms including WordPress and Concrete5.
- Familiarity with software development best practices, design standards, and development methodologies.
- Passion for innovative new technologies.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to provide accurate estimates for your work, and meet them.
- Keep current on the latest advances in technology and digital marketing strategies.
- Participate in industry and trade conferences and seminars.
- Develop a reputation for excellence in interactive solutions development.
- Promote industry standards and best practices.
- Seek out continuing education opportunities to enhance professional skills.